DirtyH

Nichole - Dirty H if you're nasty

I like to read about boys who like other boys. I don't like angst. I don't like high fructose corn syrup.

Brainy and the Beast
J.M. Cartwright
Absolutely Eric - Erica Pike So good.

A lot of the grammar/awkward syntax that bothered me in the first book was cleared up in this one. There were a couple minor issues but nothing that took me out of the story. I just loved Eric and Alex. I loved the idea that Eric didn't fall in love with Alex at first sight - he actually resisted Alex because he thought he was boring and awkward. It made me think of a few dates I've been on, and how I dismissed some guys that seemed boring to me. Maybe I shouldn't have rushed to judgment?

The chemistry and magnetic pull between these characters leapt off the page. All the scenes where Eric thought he had good reasons to keep his distance from Alex but he just couldn't... it had my heart going pitter patter.

The only real flaw in this book was that it relied pretty heavily on The Big Misunderstanding that we're all so tired of. I wish there had been a way to do this story without that, but I see how it was necessary to the plot. Even so it was achingly romantic and I loved every minute.

Okay, there's one other flaw. The book starts out with a scene that, while I enjoyed it immensely and it was smoking hot, was rather out of character for the people involved. This scene kind of sets up the book and provides a lot of background for Eric's thought processes and decisions so I feel that for this book it worked well, but it didn't really jive with the characters as they were set up in the previous book. So if that bothers you, you might not like this one as much but I was able to kind of skim over that and just enjoy.

Highly recommended, and now I have no idea what I'm going to read next. :(