DirtyH

Nichole - Dirty H if you're nasty

I like to read about boys who like other boys. I don't like angst. I don't like high fructose corn syrup.

Brainy and the Beast
J.M. Cartwright
Rinse and Repeat - Amberly Smith Decent story, but the writing and editing were.... well.
The writing was uneven. The pacing got better in the second half, but in the first half it was like, set up the story, set up the story, bam, all of a sudden we're in Jake's room getting it on. Huh? And then it kind of took a step back and made more sense from then on but the first half was somewhat jarring and confusing. And then the resolution of the mystery was similarly odd. And there was a lot of POV hopping - it was written in third person, and the jumps between POV were not clear. I was often very confused as to whose POV I was in at any given moment which meant I had to re-read several scenes in order for them to make sense.

So I would give the story and the writing somewhere between 3 and 4 stars. It was a great concept but the execution wasn't great.

But I cannot forgive Dreamspinner for the pisspoor editing here. Phrases that used the wrong word, the word "led" spelled "lead", and on and on. I can sort of forgive the author for this but I don't think anyone even bothered to edit this at all, and if they did, whoever did the line editing needs to be fired immediately and never be let near a book or a red pen ever again.

So ultimately three stars for my enjoyment level, but honestly I think that's a very generous rating.