DirtyH

Nichole - Dirty H if you're nasty

I like to read about boys who like other boys. I don't like angst. I don't like high fructose corn syrup.

Brainy and the Beast
J.M. Cartwright
Etched in Bone (The Maker's Song) - Adrian Phoenix This book is a bridge. While it didn't necessarily feel this way while reading it, when I finished I realized not much had actually happened. It's mostly just set up for the next book.

But in a really good way.

I found it difficult to get into at first, and for several chapters I rolled my eyes and thought to myself "I don't remember the writing in these books being so BAD!" It was really bad. Even Dante was getting on my nerves, and I LOVE me some Dante. But as the book continued, I got back into the swing of it and by the time I was 1/3 through I was hooked. I really enjoyed this one.

It was actually better than the previous book in that, while we still get glimpses of a lot of the tertiary characters (FBI agents and vampires and SB agents and what-not), it didn't overpower the story. We spent the majority of our time with Dante and Heather. The last book felt like Phoenix had broadened the scope too much but she's reigned it in with this installment. I'm excited to see where it's all leading. Maybe Heather will buy Dante a handkerchief for his incessant bloody nose?