DirtyH

Nichole - Dirty H if you're nasty

I like to read about boys who like other boys. I don't like angst. I don't like high fructose corn syrup.

Brainy and the Beast
J.M. Cartwright
Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning Book review:
Overall, I'm a little confused. Part of this is because I'm trying to listen to it at work, and surprisingly enough, work does occasionally require my brain to focus, and I'm missing stuff. But I think mostly it's because there's no real coherent storyline. There's sort of an "ultimate goal" looming in the background, but mostly Mac and Jericho are just getting themselves into little (or big) messes and then trying to get out of them again. I'm not sure they've made any progress toward their main goal at all. I'm not quite sure what the plot of this book was. However, it's an entertaining ride, if only because the tension between Mac and Jericho is thick and I really want to know what his deal is.

And I'll just warn you, there's lots of "Ewwww!" in this book. Lots.
And there's also some sizzle. (One scene in particular sticks out in my mind... Whew!) But I'm ready to flick Mac in the nose and yell, "Uh, hello, moron! Jericho Barrons is completely ape-shit crazy about you. Wake up." And he could not possibly be any more jealous of V'lane...

Also, Mac seems to wax maybe a bit too poetic at times. I'm not reading this series for any deep revelations about life, Karen. It's an adventure story. I'm all about character growth, believe me. But there were definitely some parts that rambled on too long and made me roll my eyes.

Audiobook review:
As far as the problems with the reader that I had with the first book (namely horrible accents), it came and went. Sometimes it bugged me a lot but most of the time I was able to think past it and it was okay. I think she may have toned it down a little.
But I plan to read a physical copy of the next one. (Think I'll be making a stop at the library on my way home from work...)