DirtyH

Nichole - Dirty H if you're nasty

I like to read about boys who like other boys. I don't like angst. I don't like high fructose corn syrup.

Brainy and the Beast
J.M. Cartwright
Broken Boundaries - Evangeline Anderson Evangeline Anderson is a writer that's kind of hit or miss for me. This was definitely a hit. In fact, I think it's my favorite of the stuff I've read from her. I loved this book.

I'm having a hard time rating this though. I think I'm going to give it 4.5 stars. I think the only thing keeping it from being 5 stars is just that I don't like Anderson's particular brand of "gay for you", though it was a lot tamer in this book than in most of her stuff.

But this was a great, well written erotic sci fi story that used the fantasy element perfectly to create a situation that wouldn't happen in real life, which I think is the whole point of sci fi. You can explore parts of the human psyche or human experience that you can't explore in strictly realistic fiction because you can put your characters in settings and situations that you wouldn't find in the real world. It puts a whole new spin on everything and makes traditional themes feel fresh, and Anderson did a really great job of that with this story, seamlessly weaving an erotic gay love story with a sci fi adventure that captures the imagination.

Be warned, there is some actual rape (not just "dubious consent") in this book. Some people may be turned off by this, but I think it worked for the story.

I loved these characters and I loved the setting she created. I hope she writes some more stories set in this world, I think there's a ton of potential here.