DirtyH

Nichole - Dirty H if you're nasty

I like to read about boys who like other boys. I don't like angst. I don't like high fructose corn syrup.

Brainy and the Beast
J.M. Cartwright
Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris I tried, I really did.
I read the first two chapters, and just didn't like it. Then someone recommended I try the audiobook. That was a lot better; the actress is really, really good and I made it halfway through disc 6 of 8 (somewhere in chapter 9, I think.)

But I'm sorry, I just can't do it. Even a really great narrator couldn't get me through a book with a boring plot and no likeable characters.
There's nothing wrong with Sookie per se, but I didn't ever grow to like her much, and Bill just rubs me wrong. Their relationship gives me the creeps. It was just icky. I've read a lot of books where centuries old vampires hook up with 20 year old girls and it usually works, but in this case I really felt like Bill was some creepy old dude and Sookie (although presumably in her mid to late 20's) was just a child. It really did not work for me.
The only character I liked at all was Sam, and Sookie was too busy being defiled by Bill to pay him much attention.

And then I found that I absolutely did not care who was murdering the fangbangers. And when you realize you don't care how a book ends, I think it's time to admit defeat. Throw in the towel. Call it a day.

So I gave it the old college try, but I'm done. I will not be finishing this book and I will not be reading any others in the series. After all the hype about the books here on goodreads, and the buzz around the show True Blood I wanted to like it, but it's just not my thing, I guess.