DirtyH

Nichole - Dirty H if you're nasty

I like to read about boys who like other boys. I don't like angst. I don't like high fructose corn syrup.

Brainy and the Beast
J.M. Cartwright
Jacob - Jacquelyn Frank This was a book that required some patience. I read the first hundred pages or so and pretty much hated it. There was no story and the characters were all extremely flat and stereotypical, borderline annoying. I was ready to throw in the towel, but it just so happened that I had no other books over the weekend and I would find moments where I just wanted to read something, even it was crappy, so I continued.

I was glad I did. While I didn't end up absolutely loving this book, it got much better. The characters remained fairly one dimensional but did become more likeable. The storyline picked up, as did my understanding of the world the author was creating. The dialogue throughout had a tendency to be over the top (particularly the lead characters' declarations of love, which leaned toward nauseating), but there was also some witty dialogue and humorous moments here and there which balanced things out. And of course, the super hot sex scenes didn't hurt. :)

Overall a decent start to a series I'll continue to read. A nice break from the overkill of vampire stories I've drenched myself in lately.